Get up and move with these fitness fundraisers! Earn money for your trip while supporting healthy life habits.
- Capitalize on the seasons by offering yard work services. Rake leaves in the fall, shovel snow in the winter, and pull weeds in the spring. School parents and neighbors can register for 1-3 hour blocks after school or on weekends. Students can sign up for blocks that meet their schedule. Charge an hourly rate per student.
- Host a Fun Run, 5k and/or 10k
- Host a 5k race in your community. Start a “running club” a few weeks leading up to the event to get everyone ready. One school had great success promoting healthy habits.” Tuesdays and Thursdays during recess kids could go over to the soccer field and run. For every mile that was completed the child received a plastic charm that looked like a running shoe.”
- Call your local bowling alley, miniature golf course, or tennis club and ask if they will help you host a sports tournament. Have local businesses sponsor a bowling lane or mini golf whole for a donation. Print their logo on a sign and display it as appropriate. Alternatively, you can hold a basketball tournament in your school gymnasium.
- Host a dance-a-thon, walk-a-thon, or jump rope-a-thon. Each participant gets sponsors to donate money for each mile walked, for each hour danced, or for each minute jump roping. If you hold the event on a large scale, you can recruit local business to sell food or other items. Raffle prizes for sponsors and participants.
- Fitness Sessions
- Do any of your students or trip participants have a parent who is a fitness, yoga, salsa or zumba instructor? Ask if they can lead a free session or workshop as a fundraiser for your trip. Weekly sessions are even better and may attract a following. Ask participants to make a donation to your cause.
- Scholastica Travel’s Fundraising Idea Page
- Fundraisers that Prepare You for Your Trip and Raise Money
- 5 Community Event Fundraisers: Fun for Everyone!