There are many amazing music field trip opportunities for your students that will unveil passions, increase enthusiasm, and enrich their education. Here are 20 such music field trips.
New York Music Field Trip Opportunities
- Steinway Piano Factory Tour: The Steinway & Sons factory is a working factory that builds Steinway upright and grand pianos. What better way to learn about Steinway pianos than to see first-hand how they are built?
- New York Philharmonic:See a performance by New York Philharmonic.
Radio City Music Hall Career Educational Tour: “A member of the Radio City Music Hall corporate or production team will share their background and career path that brought them to the Showplace of the Nation, and give you a first-hand account of their day-to-day duties… and even learn some inside pointers to help you land the position of your dreams!”
- Radio City Music Hall Stage Door Tour: Visit the theater, lounges and corridors of the most iconic theater in New York where the biggest names in show business perform!
- Lincoln Center Tour: Go behind the scenes and learn about Lincoln Centers iconic landmarks, including the Revson Fountain, the newly transformed Alice Tully Hall and the Metropolitan Opera House.
- Madison Square Gardens Tour:Go behind the scenes of the world’s most famous arena.
Detroit Music Field Trip Opportunities
7. Detroit School of Rock and Pop:“Use our studio to learn about the elements of a professional recording studio and create a recording on the spot. With the help of our professional staff, the students can then share their creation with parents, teachers and friends.”
Nashville Music Field Trip Opportunities
8. Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum: The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum has been the home of America’s music since 1967. The museum has a vast collection of two centuries of country music memorabilia, dynamic exhibits, and live performances.
9. Studio B Recording Studio Tour: Enjoy a guided tour through this world-famous studio located on renowned Music Row. More than 35,000 songs were brought to life by Studio B, including more than 1,000 American hits, 40 million-selling singles, and over 200 Elvis Presley recordings.
10. Grand Ole Opry Tour: Take a backstage tour of the Grand Ole Opry and walk in the footsteps of country music’s superstars. Your guide will share stories of the Opry and of the many country music greats who have performed there. You will even walk through the artist entrance, where performers enter the Opry House on the night of the show.
Atlanta Music Field Trip Opportunities
11. Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Field Trips: The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra offers several educational concerts for young students.All concerts are aligned with state and national standards and supported through an array of online resources.
12. Atlanta Institute of Music Campus Tour: “The Atlanta Institute of Music provides non-beginning instrument students and recording arts students with the instructional environment necessary to develop their musical talents and acquire the skills demanded of today’s professionals in the music industry.”
Philadelphia Music Field Trip Opportunities
13. Cunningham Piano Company Factory Tour: Tour the piano restoration city at Cunningham Piano Company, Philadelphia’s oldest piano company since 1891.
14. The Philadelphia Orchestra: Take your students to a performance by the Philadelphia Orchestra or take part in one of the orchestra’s many educational programs.
Washington DC Music Field Trip Opportunities
15. John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts: The Kennedy Center is America’s living memorial to President Kennedy. Since opening in 1971, the Kennedy Center has hosted some of the greatest performers and performances from across America and around the world. The center serves the nation as a leader in arts education
16. Voice of America Studio Tour: This tour gives a behind-the-scenes look at live broadcasting in radio, television, and the Internet in several of our 45 languages.
Pittsburgh Music Field Trip Opportunities
17. Bayernhof Music Museum Tour “The extremely unique, 19,000 square foot museum (the former home of Mr. Charles B. Brown, III, the museum’s founder) houses a large collection of music boxes and other fascinating automatic musical instruments, as well as many other interesting items. The building itself provides guests with a most interesting experience as they pass from room to room, at times through hidden doors and secret passages.” http://www.bayernhofmuseum.com/
18. Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra : Take your class to see a performance of the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, an internationally recognized orchestra
California Music Field Trip Opportunities
19. Fender Factory Tour: Watch up-close as raw materials transform into fine Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers and other products. See instruments and amps take shape at each stage in their production. Your guide will even take you to the “Dream Factory”, Fender’s world famous custom shop to see firsthand how the very best of Fender are created.
Scholastica Travel has specialized in customized travel since 1980. Let us help you make your class travel goals a reality. Call today or fill out a quick info request to receive a free quote.