It’s the start of your final day of touring and you can’t wait to get started. But first, all of your students need to be checked-out of the hotel and their luggage loaded onto the motor coach.
How do you do this as efficiently as possible?
Follow these steps for a super smooth hotel check-out.
1. Communicate the Game Plan the Night Before
- Clearly explain when students will receive a wake up call, the location and time of breakfast, and what time students need to be packed.
- Communicate that they are not to bring their luggage to breakfast and that chaperones will be checking each room.
2. Pack Before Breakfast
- Encourage students to pack the night before check-out and/or before going to breakfast the final morning of the trip.
3. Leave Luggage in Rooms
- Instruct students NOT to bring their luggage to breakfast. This will block walkways and create congestion in the breakfast area.
- Students should finish packing before going to breakfast.
4. Return to Rooms after Breakfast.
- As students finish their breakfast, instruct them to return to their rooms and wait for a chaperone to dismiss them.
- This is a great opportunity for students to finish last minute packing. Check under beds, in the bathroom, and in drawers for forgotten items.
5. Check Rooms
- Before dismissal, a chaperone should walk through each room to check for damage and/or forgotten items.
- This can be expedited if each chaperone checks the rooms of students in their chaperone group.
6. Dismiss by Room
- Collect room keys from students.
- Remind students to keep voices down as they leave the hotel.
- Dismiss students by room to load luggage and board the motor coach.
Then, it’s time to begin your final exciting day! Enjoy!
Ready to get started planning your school trip? Click the button below to get started!