Communication is key to the success of a school trip. Use this customizable template to inform parents of the final trip details including student drop-off and pick-up location and time.
School Trip Final Instructions Letter Template
Hello Parents and Guardians!
The < ENTER GRADE LEVEL HERE> grade trip to <ENTER DESTINATION HERE> is quickly approaching. We have a few reminders and final instructions.
- We will depart promptly at <ENTER DEPARTURE TIME HERE> on <ENTER DEPARTURE DAY OF THE WEEK HERE>, <ENTER DEPARTURE DATE HERE>.
- Students are to arrive no later than <ENTER ARRIVAL TIME HERE>.
- Students are to report to <ENTER MEETING LOCATION HERE>.
- Students are to remain in the assigned area until dismissed to load the buses.
- We will return on <ENTER ARRIVAL DAY OF THE WEEK>, <ENTER ARRIVAL DATE HERE> at <ENTER ANTICIPATED ARRIVAL TIME HERE>.
- Parents are expected to be at <ENTER SCHOOL NAME HERE> no later than < ENTER PARENT ARRIVAL TIME HERe> to pick up their child(ren).
- We will send bus updates via <ENTER COMMUNICATION METHOD HERE (TWITTER, REMIND> and have students call informing parents of the time of arrival.
- Avoid parking in the bus loading zone.
- Designate a place to meet your child upon return.
- We expect and will accept only excellent behavior from all students throughout the trip. We are representatives of <ENTER SCHOOL NAME HERE>.
- Parents are asked to emphasize the importance of responsible and courteous behavior with students.
- Students must realize traveling in a large group is different than when traveling with your family. Decisions are made and instructions are given with the safety and concern of the entire group in mind and not based upon the wishes and desires of any individual.
- Each student is permitted one normal size suitcase and one “soft” carry-on bag.
- Parents are required to check all luggage before bringing it to school to ensure the proper type of clothing, toiletry, and snacks have been packed. We are relying upon parents to supervise the packing process to ensure students do not bring items that may violate the school’s code of conduct or dress code.
- Luggage should have identification tags and be clearly marked.
- Students will be expected to carry their own luggage to the bus and to their rooms at the hotel.
- Suitcases will be stowed beneath the bus; therefore, STUDENTS WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THEM. Anything needed during the day should be packed in the carry-on.
- Glass bottles and items containing dairy are not permitted on motor coach buses.
- Spending Money – Parent discretion is advised. Money is only needed for souvenirs and meals listed as “on own” on the itinerary. The average spending money ranges from <INSERT MONEY AMOUNT HERE> to <INSERT MONEY AMOUNT HERE>.
- Personal Belongings: Students are solely responsible for ALL of their belongings. Lost articles, including wallets, purses, and money ARE NOT the responsibility of the tour company, chaperones, and /or <INSERT SCHOOL DISTRICT NAME HERE>.
- Phone Calls:
- Hotel phones are not to be used for any reason.
- Cell phones are acceptable for use on a limited basis. Students may bring cell phones but they are not to be on or used during touring and travel. Cell phones should be turned off and put away whenever a tour guide is talking or when touring various sites.
- Students may use cell phones to call home to check in during “down” times throughout the trip (mealtime, hotel time, etc.).
- In the event of an emergency, students may use their cell phones to contact <ENTER GROUP LEADER NAME HERE> at <ENTER GROUP LEADER CELL PHONE NUMBER HERE> (the number will be on the back of their student lanyard) or the tour company at 800.245.3511.
If you have additional questions regarding the dress code, please let me know. We look forward to a great trip!
<ENTER YOUR NAME HERE>
<ENTER YOUR TITLE HERE>
- Field Trip Letter to Parents Template
- Chaperone Recruitment Letter Template
- Chaperone Trip Information Letter Template
- School Trip Dress Code Letter Template
Ready to plan your school trip? Click the button below to get started!