Looking for a fun game to play on your school trip to Washington DC? These “Would You Rather” questions are fun conversation starters!
Pass a list of questions out to students to play among themselves or play as a group over the motor coach microphone! Students can raise their hands to vote for their choice.
Washington DC: Would You Rather?
- … spend an hour at the Lincoln Memorial or at the Jefferson Memorial?
- … ride a paddle boat on the Tidal Basin or a pedi-cab around the National Mall?
- … see Air Force One fly overhead or the presidential motorcade drive down the street?
- … spend an afternoon in the Smithsonian American History Museum or an afternoon at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum?
- … tour the White House or go to the top of the Washington Monument?
- … watch Congress in session or go inside the Supreme Court building?
- … ride under the Potomac River on the metro or above it on a boat?
- … see the Cherry Blossom trees at peak bloom or the Presidential Inauguration Parade?
- … see a show at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts or a ballgame at Nationals Park?
- … star in the movie “National Treasure” or in “A Night at the Museum”?
- … watch a blacksmith forge metal at George Washington’s Mount Vernon or watch how money is made at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing?
- … attend the White House Easter Egg Roll or watch fireworks from the National Mall on the 4th of July?
- … tour the Washington National Cathedral or Ford’s Theatre?
- … fly a kite on the National Mall or eat ice cream on the National Mall?
- … stay up late with your friends at the hotel or go to bed early?
- …work at the U.S. Capitol or as a National Park Ranger at one of the Washington DC memorials?
- … take a picture on the Albert Einstein statue at the National Academy of Sciences or in front of the White House?
- … lay a wreath at the tomb of George Washington at Mount Vernon or a lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery?
- … see the Declaration of Independence at the National Archives or Thomas Jefferson’s books at the Library of Congress?
- … see what Washington DC looks like 200 years in the future or see what it looked like 200 years in the past?
There are many free resources available on our Resources page. Sign-up to receive monthly newsletters so that you never miss a resource!
Ready to plan your school trip? Click the button below to get started!