These Orlando writing prompts will help students journal creatively about their Orlando experience. Encourage your students to journal their expectations before the trip departs, to write down their observations as it happens, and to process all that they experienced after they return home.
Orlando Writing Prompts: Before the Trip
- What do you think the parks will sound like? Smell like? Feel like? Look Like?
- If you could be on the set of one Walt Disney World® movie or show, which show would it be and why?
- What are you looking forward to most about your trip to Orlando?
- What do you hope to get out of your Orlando experience?
Orlando Writing Prompts: During the Trip
- What does Walt Disney World® sound like? Smell like? Look like? Feel like?
- What did you notice first about Orlando? Why is that?
- How do you feel when you are in the parks? Excited? Overwhelmed? Happy? Nervous?
- What adjectives would you use to describe the parks?
- What ordinary moments are part of a day for someone living/working in Orlando? How are they the same or different from someone living in your hometown?
Orlando Writing Prompts: After the Trip
- What memorable experiences did you have in Orlando?
- Could you picture yourself living in Orlando? Why or why not?
- What career would you pursue if you lived in Orlando?
- What advice would you give to someone visiting Orlando for the first time?
- If you had a column in the Orlando Sentinel, what would you write about?