This Washington DC scavenger hunt covers the following locations:
- U.S. Capitol
- Ulysses S. Grant Memorial
- White House
- Lafayette Square
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
- Smithsonian National Museum of American History
- National Archives
- Ford’s Theatre
- World War II Memorial
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Mount Vernon Estate
Use this scavenger hunt booklet to capture memories, increase learning, and further engagement as you explore Washington DC. For each memorial, museum, or historical place, the scavenger hunt engages the students with questions and objects to find.
Encourage students to take photos during their scavenger hunt so they can remember their experience! Tweet photos to @ScholasticaInc or post on our Facebook page during the adventure. We love to share their findings with other awesome explorers.
Points are allocated for each object or question. At the end of the trip, students can add up all their points from the completed challenges. There are worksheets throughout to tally the points. Each student or team that submits their scavenger hunt photos and their total points to Scholastica Travel will receive an official Scholastica Travel Explorer Certificate!
Ready to explore?
- Print double-sided, flipping on the short edge.
Ready to plan your school trip? Click the button below to get started!