How can I get my students even more excited about our trip to Chicago?
Architecture, art, science, and more are all excellent topic areas to explore in-depth on a school trip to Chicago.
To make the trip even more meaningful, focus on a key learning area before departure. Design a class project or work with other teacher to focus on the topic area across all classes for a day or more.
Many of the sites that you will visit in Chicago have developed lesson plans to further student engagement. Provide a deeper understanding of a particular content area by using one of the free Chicago lesson plans provided below.
Chicago Lesson Plans
- The City in Art: A Curriculum Guide for Teachers
- American Art and Culture
- Impressionist and Post Impressionist Art
- Art of the Ancient Mediterranean World
- Creating Young Researchers
- Urban Ecology
- Observe to Learn
- Lincoln Park Zoo Autism Accessibility Binder 1
- Lincoln Park Zoo Autism Accessibility Binder 2
- Lincoln Park Zoo Autism Accessibility Binder 3
- Exploring Anatomy: Squid Dissection
- Lakeshore Ecology
- Exploring Pathology: Fish Dissection
- Testing the Waters
- Imaging Democracy through Action
- The Great Migration and Blues Music: Mood and Focus
- Self Portrait through Word and Image
- One Word: A Photographic Scavenger Hunt
- Borders, Boundaries, and Belonging
Ready to plan your school trip? Click the button below to get started!