Customize this dress code letter to communicate the expectations regarding appropriate attire for the school trip to parents and guardians. Establishing a school trip dress code is important for the comfort of the students. Although motor coach transportation is used, most school trips involve a considerable amount of walking. Students should be prepared for the predicted weather and for proper representation of your school.
Additionally, certain destination sites have a required dress code, such as the wreath laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Washington DC. Discuss any questions you may have with your travel consultant.
School Trip Dress Code Letter Template
Hello Parents and Guardians!
A dress code will be in place for the duration of the school trip to <ENTER DESTINATION CITY HERE>. As you look over the dress code for the trip, please keep in mind that this dress code was designed for the comfort of the students as well as proper representation of <ENTER YOUR SCHOOL NAME HERE>. The dress code remains in place until we return to <ENTER SCHOOL NAME HERE>. Therefore, any clothing purchased on the trip needs to be saved until we return to <ENTER SCHOOL NAME HERE>.
Students are NOT to wear:
- Denim (jeans)
- Yoga pants or tights
- Sports clothing/apparel.
- Flannel pants, sweats, hoodies or pajamas outside the hotel room.
- Baseball hats, caps or knit skull caps.
- No open back, spaghetti strap or strapless dresses without a light sweater/outergarment
- No shirts exposing the midriff
- Letter or letters across the shirts or pants, i.e.: A&F, Old Navy, A.E., PINK etc.
- All students will wear solid colored bottoms that go past their knees.
- These can have NO holes, rips, tears, worn places, etc.
- All clothing must cover undergarments.
- Students must wear closed toe shoes. No sandals, flip flops, etc. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes. We will be doing a lot of walking! We strongly encourage tennis shoes!
- We encourage you to pack an extra pair of shoes.
- A watch is a must – or a cell phone!
- An umbrella or raincoat.
- A sweater or jacket.
** Please review the weather forecast for <ENTER DESTINATION CITY HERE> for <ENTER SCHOOL TRIP DATES HERE> and pack accordingly**
If you have additional questions regarding the dress code, please let me know. We look forward to a great trip!
<ENTER YOUR NAME HERE>
<ENTER YOUR TITLE HERE>
- Field Trip Letter to Parents Template
- Chaperone Recruitment Letter Template
- Chaperone Trip Information Letter Template
- How to Pack for a School Trip to Washington DC
Ready to plan your school trip? Click the button below to get started!